House of Assembly Election: The Will of the People Will Prevail — Soludo

 

By Izunna Okafor, Awka

Anambra State Governor, Chukwuma Charles Soludo has said the will of the people would prevail in the ongoing House of Assembly election in the state. The Governor also commended the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the early commencement of the voting process in the state.

Gov. Soludo stated this after casting his vote at Polling Unit 002 Ovuiyi Umueze, Isuofia, Aguata Council Area of the State, at 11:30 am.

According to him, “From the information available to me, I have sampled views across the state and it seems to be going on fairly well in terms of deployment of logistics and early commencement of the election. I think there is a great improvement compared to the previous election in terms of the arrival and deployment of materials. It seems to be going on well, relatively peaceful.”

Gov. Soludo, who expressed optimism that the will of the people will prevail, also said that the turnout of voters is low compared to the previous election and encouraged the residents of the state to step out and exercise their civic obligations by voting.

“Anyone who is in the queue before 2:00 pm will be allowed to vote and your vote will count. We expect the finishing; collation and announcement of results to end with a flourish,” the governor concluded.

How Police Arrested Five Armed Thugs in Anambra

 

By Izunna Okafor, Nnewi 

The Anambra State Police Command has revealed how its operatives arrested group of armed thugs attempting to disrupt the ongoing House of Assembly election in the state.

The Spokesperson of the Command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, revealed this in a short video sent to newsmen on Saturday as part of the Command’s situation reports in the State.

The video also featured the the Commissioner of Police State deployed for the election in Anambra, CP Aderemi Adeoye giving some journalists a detailed explanation on how the thugs were arrested.

According to him, the thugs were five in number, while five guns (pump actions) were recovered from the suspects. It was gathered that the suspects were arrested at Ihiala, Ihiala Local Government Area of the state.

CP Adeoye also noted that the suspects have been detailed, even as he re-assured of the Command’s preparedness to ensure a violence-free election in the state.

I will accept the outcome of the election – Bauchi Governor

0

From Ahmad SAKA, Bauchi

Bauchi State Governor Senator Bala Mohammed of Bauchi State has expressed readiness to accept the outcome of today’s Gubernatorial Election.

Governor Bala who is the PDP Gubernatorial candidate stated this shortly after casting his ballot at his home town, polling unit 008 Bakin Dutse Yalwan Duguri in Alkaleri Local Government Area of the State.

He called on the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC and relevant stakeholders in the conduct of the election to ensure credibility of the entire process.

Governor Bala expressed satisfaction with the turnout of voters and peaceful conduct of the election so far.

The Governor, his wife Hajiya Aisha Bala Mohammed and some of his family members cast their ballots at about 11:30am.

Similarly the election in Alkaleri local Government was generally peaceful, except there was concerned by the voters 8nntge area when they saw a an airforce helicopter hovering the sky.
Governor Bala said he was not aware of the helicopter and its mission and urged voters not to be intimidated to vote peacefully and wait for the outcome of the election.

Breaking News:: Deputy Speaker Imo State Assembly Shoots PDP Supporter At Polling Unit

0
Information coming out of Imo State indicates that another life may have been lost owing to the unfolding electoral exercise of today [March 18, 2023].
According to information gleaned from a publication in Imo State – “The Seer”, it indicates that the Deputy Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Amara Iwuanyawu allegedly a shot and injured a supporter of the opposition party, the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP].
See video evidence below:
Specifically, it was reported that “the booth in a junction of Umuanya Amaigbo in Nwangele LGA, the Deputy Speaker of Imo House of Assembly, Amara Iwuanyanwu who has been reportedly storming Polling Booths in the LGA, harassing and intimidating voters was reported to have shot a PDP supporter with his personal pistol“.
According to the report, it is yet to be confirmed if the victim survived the shooting. It is gathered that Amara Iwuanyanwu has been arrested by the soldiers and taken away.
Stay tuned

Ballot Box Snatcher Killed In Okota, Lagos

0

The election in Lagos State has taken a life.

Information reaching 247ureports.com indicates that a ballot box snatcher was killed by the community members who rushed the thug who was believed to be sent by the All Progressive Congress [APC] to disrupt the exercise.

The incident occurred at Ago Palace – a community near Okota.

See the video of the incident below:

“Results Will Not Be Uploaded From Polling Unit” – INEC Field Staff

0

Information reaching 247ureports.com from the polling units in Lagos State indicates the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] may have reneged on the pledges to the citizens of Nigeria following the debacle on the February 25, 2023 presidential elections where the BVAS were stopped from uploading directly onto the IREV portal solely for the presidential results.

Available information indicate that the field staff of the INEC at the Victor Olaiya/Idahosa Aguda polling Unit has expressed to the would-be voters that the voter accreditation will be conducted at the polling unit but the uploading of the votes to the IREV portal will not be done at the polling unit venue as stipulated by the INEC electoral guidelines. The INEC field stated that the network will only be available at the “Center” – that the uploading will only be done at the “Center”.

This is occurred at PU 059 – where INEC officials said they won’t upload from the PU, that it would be uploaded from the center. Victor olaiya/idahosa aguda polling unit – Code number: 24-20-02-059 Surulere Lagos State.

See video below:

This development comes after the INEC Chairman had made pledges that the results would uploaded from the various unit across the nation.

247ureports.com contacted the INEC through the spokesperson to the INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi. He did not respond.

Stay tuned

INEC Breaks Record, As Officials Arrive Nnewi South Election Venues Before Time

0

By Izunna Okafor, Nnewi

It was historic at communities in Nnewi South Local Government Area as officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), for the first, arrived the venues of election earlier before the scheduled time for election commencement.

Nnewi South, and, in fact, Anambra State at large, have been known for late arrival of INEC officials and voting materials during elections, a phenomenon that also recently repeated during the February 25 Presidential and National Assembly Election, where INEC officials and voting materials arrived at about 12:37pm, after many had exhausted their patience.

However, the record was broken today during the (ongoing) House of Assembly Election, where INEC officials and materials arrived as early as 7:37am in many communities in Nnewi South Local Government Area.

When this reporter started visiting some of the various polling units across the local government area at about 7:49am, it was observed that the INEC officials and materials were already on ground and set, waiting for 8:30am given time to start accreditation and voting. Some officials said they were instructed to start at exactly 8:30.

Upon return at the polling units, it was observed that voting had already started, while electorates were trooping in and out the venues to exercise their franchise, in a calm and serene atmosphere, with the BVAS machines function effectively as expected.

The contest appears to keen between the candidates of the various political parties taking part in the election.

More details loading…

Police Absent As APC Thugs Chanting Yoruba War Songs Attack Polling Units In Lagos

The March 18, 2023 Governorship and State Assembly elections in Lagos State has started off on a bad foot. This is following attacks at the numerous polling stations inside communities dominated by non-Yoruba speaking people in areas that include – Ajegunle, Sangotedo, Fadeyi and other like communities.

He was hit by APC thugs around cele/okota axis this morning. They were threatening anyone who won’t vote for APC

The attacks involved thugs armed with locally made pistols and shotguns, knives, bottles and other locally manufactured weapons. They arrived at some of the polling units which were already set up by staffs of the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] and proceeded to destroy the election materials and scattering the persons gathered to cast their votes. In some areas, the APC thugs patrolled the streets of non-Yoruba speaking neighbourhoods threatening the residents to stay home if they have no intentions of voting for the All Progressive Congress [APC] – which is the ruling party in Lagos State.

The APC thugs who spoke in Yoruba language told the residents that Lagos State belonged to Yoruba people and so most be governed by Yoruba people. In their assessment, the candidate pf the APC represents the Yoruba interest while the other candidate of the Labor party is believed to be the candidate of the general masses in Lagos.

See some video evidences below:

One of the political leaders in the APC in Lagos State – who also seconds as a Lagos State government official as the head of Lagos State Parks – in the person of MC Oluomo had issued blanket threats to all the non-Yoruba speaking community in Lagos to not “come out” on election day if they have any intention to vote for others parties aside from APC. He promised violence. He was caught on video tape making the statement.

The statement was presented to the police and the DSS – and a petition was raised and presented to the DSS and Police – requesting for MC Oluomo to be arrested and charged for subverting electoral laws. The police indicated they were investigating the “case”. The DSS stayed silent.

Today, as the electoral exercise began, MC Oluomo made good on his threat. The police and the DSS remain silent and absent while thousands and possibly hundreds of thousands are disenfranchised. Numerous calls placed to the security officials appear not to be heeded.

Stay tuned

Anambra Police Command has no hand in murder of man at Ogidi – Official

0

The Anambra Police Command says it has no hand in the murder of a middle-aged man at Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra.

The Command’s Public Relation Officer, DSP Tochukwu Ikenga, made the claims in a press statement made available to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Awka.

Ikenga was reacting to what he called “a misleading report” in an online newspaper which said that security agents were involved in the murder on Thursday, 16 March, 2023.

He said that the attention of the Anambra police command has been drawn to a misleading story online, purporting that security agents from the Department of State Services were responsible for the murder of the middle-aged man.

Ikenga said that the information is misleading and that the Command owes a duty to the public to correct the erroneous impression.

He explained “The deceased was shot by a member of the Vigilante group in the area. On receiving the report at about 02:00hrs, the Police moved in swiftly and effected arrest of the assailant who was found with a Pump Action Gun.

“The assailant was disarmed and taken into custody for interrogation and comprehensive investigation,” he said.

The Statement also said that the Commissioner of Police (CP) on Election duty in Anambra State, Aderemi Adeoye, commiserated with the family of the deceased, and assured the public that investigation into the case will be swift and thorough and the assailant arraigned in court to face justice.

He urged the people to remain law abiding as the Police command will always protect their fundamental human rights.

Fight of the giants – By Ejike Anyaduba

When on March 29, 1987, at the Pontiac Silverdome, Pontiac, Michigan, USA, Hulk Hogan( Terry Eugene Bollea) wrestled the legendary Andre the Giant ( Andre Rene Roussimoff), nobody gave Hogan a chance.

He was the underdog in the fight and was nearly almost glossed over as a no-hoper. Every attention was on Andre who until that time had suffered no defeat in 15 years. He was a giant both in size and strength. Standing head and shoulders taller than everyone else, he weighed almost twice Hogan’s size, chalking about 520 pounds against Hogan’s 302.

However, in the well-attended fight – one of the largest indoor events of the time with well over 93, 000 attendance, the unexpected happened. In a clean finish, Hogan went over Andre through a takedown never recorded in the wrestling career of the French Giant.

We are wresting against giants with no want of power and money in subverting the will of the people. And these giants seem decided to hang onto the usurpation unless something gives.

But a Hulk Hogan has risen…and will take it back. Only “be strong and of good courage”.

Ejike Anyaduba
Abatete