In line with the Inspector General of Police mission on operation Puff-Adder and in continuation of the commands effort to rid the State of all forms of crime and criminality that threaten the nations internal security and order, Kano State Police command put new operational strategies in place, technical intelligence gathering and community policing strategy which led to the arrest of 122 suspects from 07/06/2019 to 21/06/2019. The following achievements were recorded.
- 3 Kidnappers were arrested at Falgore Forest
- 11 Armed robbery suspects were arrested at Kano Metropolis
- 7 suspects arrested in possession of 53 different belts used by Police, Army and Immigration Service, 2 bags filled with Uniforms of Police, Army and Customs officers, 14 black berets cap, 6 Jack knives, 3 rechargeable torch lights and 8 pistol holders.
- 2 ATM Scammers were arrested at Sharada Qtrs Kano in possession of 7 different ATM cards of different persons, Immigration service ID Cards, Honda Anaconda and the sum of N247,000.00 .
- 1 suspect arrested in possession of a Pump Action Rifle and 15 rounds of live cartridges.
- Raids of criminal hideouts conducted within this period led to the arrest of more than 80 hoodlums popularly known as Y’andaba with various exhibits recovered.
- 4 Suspects arrested for Criminal Conspiracy, Impersonation and been in Possession of Jack Knife, Pepper Chemical Spray and other dangerous weapons intercepted in Wudil LGA of the state.
The following exhibits were recovered.
- 1 Pump Action with 15 rounds of live cartridges.
- 115 live ammunition of 7.62x39mm of AK 47 Rifle.
- 3 stolen motor vehicles recovered
- 53 bags of powder suspected to be cocaine
- 43 Knives.
- 58 Clubs (Gora).
- 20 other dangerous weapons and breaking implements.
- 9 Cartons of expired Bio-Vein Injection use for insemination and hallucination.
- 10 Handsets, and 1 laptop computer, and a desktop.
- Large quantity of hard drugs, rubber solution, suck and die and intoxicating / hallucinating substances were recovered during the raids carried out.
140 suspects that were arrested and paraded two weeks ago have been charged to various courts of law within the State, all those arrested now will be charged to court after investigation, as well.
Puff adder operation will continue throughout the State until all criminal minded persons either repent, relocates and leave the State completely or are arrested and brought before the law.