Interpol Captures Nyanya Bomb Blasts Suspect

 GAIM-Ad2-e1539703038857.jpg
Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche

Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche

Teddy Oscar, Abuja

The international red alert for the search and arrest of Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche concerning the April 14 and May Day Nyanya bomb blasts by the Nigerian Police has yielded positive result with the capture of Ogwuche in Sudan.

Ogwuche, one of the runaway suspects that allegedly masterminded the two bomb explosions, was mentioned in the confessions of the five arrested suspects that were paraded before the public by the Nigerian Police.

“Following the commendable efforts of our security personnel, especially the operatives of the Directorate of State Services (DSS), some suspects in the Nyanya bombing incidents have been arrested and paraded before the media. These suspects have made useful confession, which will help law enforcement agencies in their operations.

“Let me make it clear that at the appropriate time, the full confessions will be made public. Following this development, the National Bureau of the Interpol based at the Nigerian Police Force Headquarters has issued an international red alert for the search and arrest of terror fugitive, Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche, who is still at large,” director general of the National Orientation Agency (NOA), Mike Omeri, said in an earlier briefingon Tuesday.

Addressing a joint press conference of the coalition of the security agencies on Wednesday, Omeri hinted that efforts were still being made to bring Ogwuche back to Nigeria.

“During the last press conference… the one you watched, two suspects were placed on the wanted list. We wish to authoritatively confirm the interception and subsequent arrest of one of the two, Aminu Sadiq Ogwuche, whom we said fled to Sudan… he actually did fled to Sudan.

“Mr. Ogwuche had earlier been declared wanted by the authorities in Nigeria for his involvement in the bombings in Nyanya. And the efforts of the Interpol and the Nigerian Police and the Department of State Security Service (DSSS) have led to his arrest. Presently, the security authorities are working to bring him back to Nigeria,” Omeri said.

Recall that on Monday, April 14, a bomb explosion wasted many lives, mostly of whom were workers, traders and okada riders.

The attack, which took place at the popular El Rufai Park terminus at Nyanya by around 6:30 a.m., was followed by another blast on May Day evening, when workers were going home, after marking the global Workers’ Day some metres away from the scene of the attack on April 14.

47 total views, 1 views today

About the Author

2 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

  1. richard akinwale May 15, 2014 at 9:27 pm -

    WAS NYANYA BOMBING PREVENTABLE? YES! WHY?IF THEY CAN NOW LOCATE THE BOMBERS AFTER THE FACT, WHILE WERE THEY NOT APPREHENDED BEFORE THEY STRUCK?THE LAST BUDGET WAS HEAVILY SECURITY LADEN, SO HOW COME AMATEUR UNSOPHISTIATED WOULD BE BOMBERS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN INTERCEPTED BEFORE THEY STRUCK?
    ARE THE RIGHT PEOPLE IN THE RIGHT SECTION OF THIS SERIOUS SITUATION?KNOWING NIGERIAN RECORD OF NEPORTISM, FAVORITISM, CRONYISM AND ALL SORTS OF EVIL BACKWARD HUMAN SENTIMENTS ABOUND IN THIS COUNTRY NIGERIA! CAN NYANYA HAPPEN AGAIN? WE CAN ONLY PRAY AGAINST IT,IN A COUNTRY WHERE THE PRESIDENT WAS ATTENDING CAMPAIGN RALLY 48HRS AFTER HUNDREDS OF OUR DAUHTERS HAVE BEEN CARTED AWAY, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!!

  2. Prince Reuben Akpotegwa May 15, 2014 at 10:36 am -

    Glory be to Almighty God for arresting the Nyanya Bomb blasts in fact the Inter pol has did a good work by capture the enemy of the nation, now is left to FG to interrogate he to know the people behind the blasts. Thank be to God once again because the president enemy will be ashamed of there self.