PDP Condemns FG’s Invasion of Atiku’s Sons’ Residence…Says It’s Dirty Politics

Press Statement

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organization 
(PPCO) condemns  Saturday’s raid and unleashing of violence on the home 
of the sons of our Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar by the Buhari 
Presidency-controlled Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), 
as vicious, outrageous,dirty and reprehensible.

The invasion of Aliyu and Mustapha Abubakar’s home, even in their 
absence, allegedly in search of imaginary cache of foreign currency, has 
further exposed how depraved the Buhari Presidency has descended in the 
desperate plot to harm, traumatize and malign the character of our 
Presidential candidate and his family, having realized that Nigerians 
have aligned behind him as the next President of our country.

It is indeed appalling that the Buhari Presidency can now go as low as 
engaging in wicked politics of chasing after family members of a 
Presidential candidate, who are neither government officials, government 
contractors nor involved in any underhand dealings, but young students 
pursuing their legitimate personal educational careers without ill will 
to anybody.

While nothing incriminating was found in the apartment, the PPCO has 
been made aware of how the squad, said to be acting on ‘orders from 
above’ ransacked the house and destroyed valuables belonging to Atiku’s 
children and we demand an explanation from the leadership of the EFCC.

The PPCO completely rejects the wicked politics that the APC and the 
Buhari Presidency are importing into our polity. We hereby urge all 
Nigerians, particularly the youths, to rise in condemnation of these 
vicious acts.

Only last month, a special security squad of army, police and 
paramilitary agencies was unleashed to physically harass our 
Presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, at the Abuja airport, upon his 
return from Dubai

Similarly, last week, all transactions in bank accounts belonging to PDP 
Vice Presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, his wife, his family members 
and their businesses were stopped by agencies of the Buhari Presidency 
on account of imaginary investigation.

Nigerians are already aware of how opposition leaders and others 
perceived to be averse to the President Buhari’s re-election bid, on 
account of his woeful performance in office, are being blackmailed and 
framed up with spurious charges.

President Buhari should note that, as an opposition Presidential 
candidate from 2003 to 2015, none of his children or family members were 
in anyway attacked or victimized by the government in power. He should 
stop importing such vicious underhand tactics into our political 
hemisphere.

Finally, the PPCO counsels the APC and the Buhari Presidency to come to 
terms with the fact that Nigerians have moved beyond them and that no 
amount of intimidation, harassment or attack on our candidates, leaders 
and their families will stop Nigerians from voting them out of office, 
come 2019 and electing our candidate, Atiku Abubakar.

Signed:

Kola  Ologbondiyan
Director of Media and Publicity Presidential Campaign Council.

280 total views, no views today

 GAIM-Ad2-e1539703038857.jpg
About the Author