The global Centre for Peace and Justice, a registered nongovernmental human rights organization is amazed at the report by one Okechukwu Nwanguma, published on January 25th, 2013 edition of the Daily Online Newspaper_SaharaReporters.Com against the Police Service Commission and AIG Bala Hassan, who undisputedly is one of the best that The Nigeria Police Force has ever produced.
We at the Global Centre for Peace and Justice are always at home with online publications, including SaharaReporters.Com.
However, this particular report is not only misleading but copiously manifests mischief and sponsorship anchored on cheap blackmail.
It is so bad that Nwanguma who added his phone number in the satanic write-up, could not write his phone numbers completely and correctly or intentionally gave an incomplete number as his phone number, what a hypocrisy.
The feeble thoughts of Okey Nwanguma, in questioning the institutional discretion of the POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION, headed by the highly skilled, experienced and competent high-ranking senior police officers in the person of retired Deputy Inspector – General of Police Chief Parry Osayende , to have promoted Alhaji Bala Hassan, to a new rank of Assistant Inspector –General of Police, alongside his colleagues, is not only laughable but calls for sympathy.
It shows that, the paid writer knows next to nothing about the routine operational administrative scheduling, functioning and allied sociological correlates, the NIGERIA POLICE FORCE, through the POLICE SERVICE COMMISSION, uses in determining the discipline, promotion and sanctioning of its officers and men.
In case Nwanguma does not know AIG Bala Hassan stands out as the Best CP Abia State had, who collaborated with Gov T.A Orji and other security agencies and chased away kidnappers and made Abia State a safe haven today. Sure, AIG Bala Hassan, is hates crime and criminals.
He has proved this wherever he is posted to. It is therefore no wonder if those who soaked themselves in crime should hire people to blackmail others.
We stumbled into CRIME DIGEST column in THE PUNCH edition of May 5th, 2012, which was authored by Comfort Oseghale and the report was quite revealing. The reporter’s revelations included the following:
1. That Okpara, whom Okechukwu Nwanguma is fighting for, duped UBA Nig Plc Choba Branch of Port Harcourt N48m which was the genesis of his problems.
2. That part of the stolen money was used to purchase the vehicles in issue.
3. That the said Okpara stole pipes when he was an ASP in Diobu, Port Harcourt and was dismissed from the Nigeria Police Force in 1995.
4. That it was the Force Headquarters that got a Court order and the IG sent an auctioneer, one Bello, to auction due vehicles [ which may have included Okpara’s ] by order of court.
5.That the said petitions of Mr. Okpara and his cohorts, including Okechukwu Nwanguma against AIG Bala Hssan and the Police Service Commission were investigated by Police authorities and found to be baseless and unfounded.
6. Mr. Okpara accepted that he was in prison for one year vide an order of court. Could that have been for nothing?
7. It is settled that, a later day out of court settlement, rendering prosecution incapacitated, in the eyes of the law, does not connote innocence.
8. Finally, Mr. Okechukwu Nwanguma should find for himself another job instead of cheap blackmail.
DR. A.C.B Agbazuere
Global Center for Global Center for
Peace and justice. Peace and justice