The electoral victory of the senate seat representing the south senatorial district of Anambra State came as a long awaited august visitor for the former Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Matters to the former President of the federal republic of Nigeria, General Olusegun Obasanjo. The victory, to most informed observers, came at the sensitive end of a long drawn out battle for the opportunity to serve at a leadership capacity for Senator Andy Uba. The opportunity brought to a temporary close the passionate struggle for Senator Uba to join the political ranks in Anambra.
Mounting the seat of Senator representing the people of southern senatorial zone in Anambra State presented what many suspect may become a Greek gift to the Uga born politician while other believed the Uga born politician may have ability to deliver a stellar performance. As at the swearing in on 2011, many of the informed spectators were unsure of the form his senator-ship will take. But it was certain the eagerness on the part of the Uga born politician was solid.
Senator Andy Uba’s arrival to the senate saw him take on the position of Chairman of the Senate House committee of Electoral Matters – a sensitive position for a new incoming senator.
However a cursory examination into Senator Andy Uba’s performance measured in terms of his ability to cater to his constituency through developmental program – shows what appears a latent inclination towards a pragmatic transformation of Anambra southern senatorial district. This is evident through the number and nature of constituency projects housed in the same senatorial district. Examination of the 2012 Appropriation Bill confirms the ongoing pragmatic transformation.
According to the 2012 Appropriation Bill, N349.47million worth of projects were cleared to be carried out at the constituency represented by Senator Andy Uba – through the efforts of the Uga born politician. Specifically, the Anambra south senatorial district felt the impact of democratic dividends under five categories namely, Energy Commission, Education, Water Resources, Lands and Housing, and Millennium Development Goals [MGDs].
Energy Commission –
N78million worth of work project – that comprise of Solar Street lights:
- Ekwulobia N16million
- Okongwu Memorial, Nnewi North N12million
- Umunze N10million
- Ozubulu N10million
- Eziama-Mgbachi Market N7million
- Nanka/Oko/Omogho-Ufuma road N13million
- Azigbo-Amichi/Ebanafor N10million
N43million worth of work project – that comprise of building of classroom blocks:
- Nwagwa primary school Uga N12million
- Obioha central school, Nnewi N5million
- Community school, Umuomaku N5million
- Premier [boys] secondary school, Ogbunka N5million
- Gov’t technical college Umunze N5million
- Central school, Adazigbo, Nnewi N5million
- Girls secondary school, Ukpor N6million
Water Resources –
N42million worth of work project – that comprise of borehole installation and overhead tank:
- St John Ekwulobia N10million
- Nkwo Uga Market N5million
- Nkwo Okija Market Square N9million
- Isseke Central School N9million
- Umuonyiba village, Ufuma N9million
Lands and Housing –
N105.5million worth of work project – that comprise of Transformers/Solar Street Lights/Classrooms:
- 500KVA Transformer at Aguluezechukwu N8.75million
- 500KVA Transformer at Nkpologwu N8.75million
- Solar street light at Nnewi North N12million
- Solar street light at Nnewi South N12million
- Solar street light at Ekwusigo N12million
- Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Ajalli N14.5million
- Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Umunze N14.5million
- Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Okija N14.5million
- Classrooms/Staff rooms/Dinning at Ukpor N14.5million
Millennium Development Goals [MGDs] –
N80.97million worth of work project – that comprise of Transformers/Solar Street Lights/Classrooms:
- 500KVA Transformer at Umuowerre, Ekwulobia N7.5million
- 500KVA Transformer at Nkwo Market, Umunze N7.5million
- 500KVA Transformer at Iyaba Ngo Ozubulu N7.5million
- 500KVA Transformer at Mkpoka Okpuno, Nnewichi N7.5million
- 500KVA Transformer at Umobinwa/Egwe/Ogwu Umuagbuci N7.5million
- 500KVA Transformer at beside Ezinifite divisional police station Enugwu-Awor N7.5million
- 3 classroom blocks with VIP toilets – Isigwu-Nwagu Central School. Ifite Nanka N17.47million
- Solar Street light – St Cletus Church road, Otolo, Nnewi N6million
- Solar Street light – Umoru, Uga N6million
- 300KVA Transformer at Ohukabia, Nawfijah N6.5million
See enclosed document below for more details…
In all, the work project sums to a little under N400million for the fiscal year of 2012. Aides to the Uga born politician anticipate the Appropriation Bill for the fiscal year 2013 will draw on the strength of 2012 – to enable sustain the momentum of development in southern senatorial district of Anambra State.
Senator Andy Uba is currently in preps to vie for the seat of Governorship in Anambra State come 2014 under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP].
Good report for a new-comer! Now, if only he could reveal his secret to Uche Chukwumerije and the rest of the “senators-by name” in the Southeast, all will soon be well with the region
These are fake and falsehood. Andy Uba will suffer like other criminal politicians. These projects are only on paper. In reality nothing is on ground to show for these or they will never be executed. Chukwumerije is far better than this hopeless guy (Andy Uba). This guy has never made any reasonable argument in the senate. He will end up been like Annie Okonkwo. Tide is changing, Non performing bastards will get what they deserve!!!