Three persons have been reported killed while no fewer than 63 others were abducted when terrorists attacked Kaduna communities on Friday.
Bandits killed two and 50 others were abducted when terrorists attacked Unguwan Gimbiya community on the outskirts of Kaduna metropolis on Friday.
In a separate attack, one person was also killed and no fewer than 13 others abducted when bandits stormed communities at Kainuwar Isa and Kugu of Dutse Ward in Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State on Thursday night.
The police could not be reached for comment.
However, a source from the community told journalists on Friday that the bandits invaded the community at about 2.00pm causing serious commotion and pandemonium.
“They shot sporadically and people ran in different directions. In the confusion, a community member was hit by a bullet and he died,” the source said.
Sources, however, said that calm has since returned to the troubled community and security agents were seen asking survivors questions about the attack.
In another development, two of the remaining staff of Zaria Local Government Area of Kaduna State that were abducted together with other staff of the Council have been released by their abductors.
According to the clergy, “the bandits struck in the early hours of today (Friday), invaded Ungwan Gimbiya Community of Sabo in Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State and abducted over 50 people and killed two.
“A total number of 13 families were visited by the bandits. The attack lasted for about 2 hours with heavy gunshots.”
Also, a resident of the area said that the kidnapping activities had been going on in the community since the inception of that form of crime in Kaduna.
There is however a mass exodus of residents of the area to safer places, even as the security agents were seen patrolling in neighbouring forests.
At the time of writing this report the Kaduna State Command was however yet to confirm the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) of the Command, ASP Muhammed Jalige, told our correspondent that he would get in touch with the Area Commander in charge of Sabo and furnish the media with information later.
On the release of the Zaria local government workers, the two staff were held by their abductors, demanding the delivery of three motorcycles before their release.
It will be recalled that, on the 8th November, 2021, 13 employees of Zaria Local Government Area were kidnapped by bandits at Kidandan, Giwa Local Government Kaduna State while on their way for a condolence visit to Dogara Abdullahi, to a staff member who lost his father.
A source who sought for anonymity explained that Suleiman Zailani and Nura Mohammed were released from captivity on Thursday, December 2, after the delivery of the three motorcycles to the kidnappers before they could be released.
According to the source, the motorcycles tagged: “Boko Haram” were delivered on Wednesday to the bandits that assured the release of the captives on Thursday.
He further explained, “the two released victims have already been reunited with their families and will be taken to the hospital for medical examination.”