· Nip In The Bud The Source Of Insecurity
The Governor of Kaduna State, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai has expressed gratitude to the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim K. Idris, NPM, mni, and the Nigeria Police Force for the determined efforts to ensure that peace and security prevail in Kaduna State.
2. He commended the exemplary professionalism displayed by the Police in tackling insecurity in the state when the Inspector General of Police and the Police Management team paid him a courtesy call in his office on 26th October, 2016.
3. Governor El- Rufai urged the Inspector General of Police to nip in the bud the sources of crime and insecurity throughout the Country. The Governor emphasized the compelling need for a comprehensive national solution to kidnapping and other violent crimes which have destructive effects on growth and development.
4. He further stated that peace and security are critical to development. Governor El-Rufai condoled the IGP on the loss of some Police officers in the recent crisis in Godogodo, Jama’a LGA of the State.
5. IGP Ibrahim Idris, in his remarks, assured the Governor that the Nigeria Police will continue to discharge its statutory responsibilities in accordance to rule of law and international best practices.
6. The IGP said that the current strength of Police personnel run short of United Nations recommendations of a Police officer to four hundred citizens.
However, the IGP expressed gratitude to President Mohammadu Buhari for the current recruitment drive in the country and hoped the recruitment will continue on yearly basis to augment the short fall arising from retirement and death while in service.
7. The IGP pleaded with the Governor to assist in the search and rescue of Police officers missing in action in the attempt to mediate in communal conflict in the state. The IGP commended the Governor and the good people of Kaduna State in their proven assistance and cooperation to the Force in the onerous task of crime reduction and management in the State.
DCP DON N. AWUNAH, fsi
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER,