The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (CON) and the National Working Committee (NWC) met today and resolved as follows;
1. To inform all our party members nationwide that the NWC is intact, indivisible, united and in one accord in promoting the policies and programs of the PDP.
2. To thank the members of the party for the overwhelming support they have given the National Chairman and members of the NWC in the last one year.
3. The NWC resolved to state publicly that we have no issues with any major arm of the party. The NWC is fully in one accord under the leadership of the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (CON), and in complete support of the programs of the President that the party helped installing in the affairs of the nation.
4. That the NWC under the leadership of the National Chairman is in support of all activities of all other bodies of the party knowing fully well that constitutionally the National Executive Council (NEC) of which the National Chairman heads is in charge of all affairs of the party in the nation. All acts, actions and affairs of the party; all arms of the party; all organs of the party report to the NEC under the leadership of the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (CON).
5. The NWC resolved to remain focused in administering the affairs of the party and not to respond any further to any rumour or any issue concerning other matters of our convention. The National Chairman, the Deputy National Chairman, the Acting National Secretary and all members of the NWC are completely stating that our national convention is in accordance with the constitution of the PDP and the Federal Republic of Nigeria and we stand by it.
6. The NWC unanimously endorsed the leadership of the party by the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (CON). The NWC also unanimously stated that we are supporting him fully and we believe in the programs, ideas and the agenda of the National Chairman and together we would be able to move the party to a successful election in 2015.
7. The NWC under the leadership of the National Chairman, Alhaji Bamanga Tukur (CON), is fully in support of the transformation agenda of Mr. President and that is why the National Chairman resolved with the NWC to invite federal ministers to ensure that these programs are well publicized to our party members with the performance of government showcased to the entire country to show that the transformation agenda is working and that the government is working according to the manifesto of the party.
Chief Olisa Metuh
National Publicity Secretary