Video Of IPOB Disruption Of Ohaneze Summit
Some of the Propositions of Ohaneze Ndigbo at the South East Zonal Summit held today at Ekwueme Square, Awka.
These propositions shall be known as the ‘Ekwueme Square Declaration 2018’
– Nigeria Needs a New Constitution. The 1999 Constitution should be repealed.
– 1 President and 5 Vice Presidents from Each Geopolitical zones.
– Single term of 6 years for Presidents, Vice Presidents and Governors.
– Same number of states per geopolitical zones.
– Creation of one or more additional states for South East.
– LG to be scrapped from Federal Constitution.
– State of Origin should be scrapped and replaced with State of Residence. In a case it can’t be scrapped. Any child born in any state in Nigeria shall automatically also have rights of state of origin of the state where he or she was born. Any person that have resided and paid tax in any state in Nigeria for a period of 10years also automatically adopts the State as a State of Origin.
– States should be allowed to manage Natural Resources within their territory.
– Federal Character Commission be replaced by Merits and Equal Rights Commission.
– State Police.
– State should be allowed to conduct Elections for State Governors and State Assembly.
– Simple majority must be scrapped and a candidate must have at least 50% of total votes to win election.
– Individual candidacy shall be allowed provided the candidate meets a certain minimum criteria.
51 total views, 3 views today