(1) The media had come up with stories with the referenced caption, following the report of Chief Eze Duruiheoma (SAN) led Panel, on the Local Governments in the State. It was one of such numerous panels set up in Imo, against the administration of Senator Rochas Okorocha.
(2) The report of the Panel has nothing to do with Chief Emeka Ihedioha. They brought in his name, to deceive the unwary. The Panel report is all about Rochas Okorocha and his administration, from May 29, 2011 to May 29, 2019, as it affected the Local Governments in the State. That was one of the panel’s terms of reference. So, how did Ihedioha come in? They only wanted to escape from the accusation of unbridled bias against Okorocha.
(3) The Chairman of the Panel, Chief Duruiheoma, was the former Chairman of the PDP in Imo State. He was also appointed the Chairman of the National Population Commission(NPC) by the PDP Government and removed by the APC government. He is from the same Ideato South Local Government, with Okorocha. He had had the feeling that Okorocha was behind his removal as NPC Chairman. That was the man who headed the LG panel against Okorocha and his government.
(4) To us, the report could better be described as “Who say men no dey report or Garbage in, Garbage out, report, or COVID-19 infested report”. The man sat in his bed room and wrote a report. Otherwise, we Challenge him or the government to make public, those who appeared before the Panel. At least, the Local Government Chairmen between May 29, 2011 and May 29, 2019 and where the Panel sat.
(5) To cut the long story short, let Chief Duruiheoma or the State Government, which the report was submitted to, publish it verbatim so that Nigerians of good spirits can see the extent people can go, to witch-hunt or blackmail their target.
(6) What Okorocha’s government achieved in the Local Governments of Imo in 8 years, the past governments, from May 29, 1999 to May 29, 2011 and the governments after him, put together, cannot and will not achieve one-third of them. We have made this provoking claim with alacrity. And we are waiting to be contradicted, or challenged.
(7) We won’t help them by listing Okorocha’s achievements in the 27 Local Governments in the State within the periods under review. Let them publish the report as submitted and let Nigerians read it and know who is saying the truth. For more than one year, Imo people have been waiting to see what those after Okorocha have in store for them, but have not seen anything.
(8) Since Okorocha approached a Federal High Court to complain that the issues for which the EFCC have been investigating him, are the same issues being probed by the numerous probe panels in the State, most of them have hurriedly “panel beated” all the blackmails into written “reports” and have been submitting them with speed. But, “for by strength Shall no man prevail” (1 Samuel 2:9).
(9) Okorocha had governed Imo for 8 years and did what he felt was the best for the State. And he is waiting to see his records of achievements beaten or surpassed by another government and we take off from there. And you do not expect a former PDP Chairman in Imo to turn in a favourable report on Okorocha, who displaced the Party (PDP) from the Douglas House since 2011 till date. And those who have also found these witch-hunting Panels useful, should count their teeth with their tongue.
God bless all of us.
Special Adviser (Media) to the former Governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha