Consultative Meeting Between The Interim National Working Committee And Forum Of State Chairmen Of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Held At Chelsea Hotel Abuja On Tuesday 26th February, 2013
The meeting was called to order by 12noon by the Interim National Chairman Barrister Maxi Okwu.
The consultation was exhaustive dwelling on the entire circumstances that brought the party almost to its kneels necessitating an urgent intervention on 16th February 2013.
1. The meeting commends the leadership role of His Excellency Mr. Peter Obi, Governor of Anambra State and further endorses his position as the indefatigable Deputy National Leader of the party. Meeting calls on him to step up his effort to salvage and reposition the party.
2. The meeting endorses all the resolutions of the National Caucus of the party on 16th February 2013 particularly viz:
“(i) That the party has accepted the judgment of the High Court of Enugu State in good faith and will abide by it, in order to move the party forward.
(ii) That our great party has never been consulted nor participated in any discussion about any merger, alliance or whatever union with any political party or parties. We state categorically and unequivocally that APGA is not party to any merger arrangement”.
3. Commends the policy thrust of the interim National Working Committee led by Barrister Maxi Okwu on RAPPROCHMENT, RECONCILIATION AND RE-INTEGRATION.
4. Resolves to admit without pre-conditions all former members who express desires to return to the party. Further resolves to grant pardon to all previously sanctioned members of the party who genuinely seek to return and re-build the party.
5. Urges that an immediate date be taken to commence the process of new membership registration / review of membership register and congresses leading to National Convention.
6. Recommends that the National Convention holds in Enugu, Enugu State Nigeria.
The meeting hereby formally ratifies and adopts these resolutions.
1. Dr. Isah Arzyka Jega – Plateau State
Chairman, Forum of State Chairmen (APGA)
2. Engr. Olusola Ademubo – Osun State
Secretary, Forum of State Chairmen (APGA)
For: Interim NWC
3. Bernard Akoma
Interim National Publicity Secretary
4. Barrister Maxi Okwu,
Interim National Chairman