STATEMENT OF THE PDP NATIONAL RECONCILAITION COMMITTEE, HELD ON THE 2ND OF MARCH 2017-03-02, IN ABUJA AT A MEETING ATTENDED BY NATIONAL ASSEMBLY MEMBERS AND FORMER LEADERS OF THE PARTY.
The Standing Committee on Reconciliation of the PDP headed by His Excellency Governor Henry Seriake Dickson, at its meeting held on the 2ndof March 2017 in Abuja, reviewed recent developments in the party and decided as follows:
1. That a political solution is the best option for the protracted crises in the party.
2. Endorses the resolution of the meeting between the former President of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan GCFR and PDP State Governors in this regard without prejudice to the ongoing judicial processes.
3. That as part of this process, it is imperative that an early convention within the second quarter of 2017 should be held in Abuja which therefore should be all inclusive and where new national officials of the party will be freely, fairly and transparently elected.
4. In furtherance of this, the reconciliation committee shall embark on extensive consultations with all stakeholders with a view of building confidence and necessary consensus toward the Unity Convention
5. The committee appeals to all party leaders, and members of our great party to exercise restraint and focus on the loyalty to and the overall interest of the party.
Made this 2nd day of March 2017 in Abuja.
Hon Henry Seriake Dickson
Governor of Bayelsa State
Senator Ibrahim Mantu
Deputy Vice Chairman
Senator Joshua Lidani