8.4 C
New York
Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Chime’s Security Men Shoot and Kill Youth Protesters at Enugu Government House



- Advertisement -


Information reaching 247ureports.com from sources near the government house in Enugu State indicate that not all is well in Enugu State political sphere. As gathered, the security attached to the government house in Enugu state has shot and killed an unarmed youth protester – who was part of a group assembled at the early morning hours of Saturday for a protest – that was to take off at about 6am.

Preliminary information gathered indicated that as the youths assembled near the gated entrance to the government house – carting banners and sticks and other paraphernalia of civil protests – the security men stationed at the entrance of the government house were reported to be unsettled with the arrival of the youths in numbers that quickly swelled to 30. As 247ureports.com was reliably informed, the government house security them confronted the youths – asking of them to disperse – unless they face being arrested.

At this time, the youths became agitated – as they tried to impress on the security men that they had come to hold a prescheduled protest in front of the government house. Efforts by the youths to explain their reasons for assembling at the gated entrance results to the security officers becoming more vocal with threats of arrests.

At the point, the Chief Security Officer to the Governor of Enugu State, Fidelis Ogarabe, arrived the scene – well armed. His arrival was followed by warning gun shots being fired up in the air.  With shots being fired, it immediately turned in a ruckus – and more shots were fired. The youths ran for their lives.

As the shooting stopped, one of the youths was seen lying in his pool of blood – presumably dead – and many more were injured. Hours later, the police made arrests of persons believed to be youths attached to the protest.

In talking to the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Enugu State, Chukwudi Achife, he discounted the witnesses of people who were present at the scene at the time of the event. In his words, “the government house was attacked. The attack occurred when at about 4.30am when young men numbering about 50 and carrying machetes and cutlasses invaded the Government House and tried to force their way in. The attackers were immediately engaged by the security personnel who shot dead one person and arrested three. One security personnel was injured in the attack.” 

Hey there! Exciting news - we've deactivated our website's comment provider to focus on more interactive channels! Join the conversation on our stories through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media pages, and let's chat, share, and connect in the best way possible!

Join or social media

For even more exclusive content!

Of The Week


- Advertisement -

Of The Week

247Ureports Protects its' news articles from plagiarism as an important part of maintaining the integrity of our website.