The Opi Town union through this release hereby informs the
general public especially.
(i)Enugu State Government
(ii)Nsukka Local Government Authority
(iii)Umuada Ndi-Igbo: and
(iv)Umunwanyi Opi as follows:,
1. That we thank and appreciate you all for the different parts played in condemning in very strong terms the heinous crimes of rape, robbery etc. committed by some very bad boys in Opi Town in this recent past.
2. That the Opi Town Union has taken some proactive measures to finally stem the tides of these crimes and criminality in Opi Town.
3. That the criminals have no place in Opi town today and henceforth.
4. That Opi Town is today very peaceful and calm. All businesses, social and religious activities go on without fears of molestation and attack
5. That the Federated Opi Town Union (FOTU) has institutionalized a security outfit whose terms of reference include among other things:
(i) arrest and prosecute secondary school students that loiter the town during school hours.
(ii) make instant arrest of suspects for questioning
(iii) monitor the under-aged boys and girls who drink in hotels and beer-palours.
(iv) arrest managers of hotels and beer palours who allow under-aged in their business premises
6. That Opi people thanks and appreciates those who sponsored
series of newspaper publication on these crimes and criminality. May God bless you all abundantly.
7. That Opi people demands the cessation of such publication to allow
us concentrate on our collective resolve to stamp out these ugly
acts. Further publication might as well polarize our resolution which
is why we make this appeal.
Compiled and sponsored by: OPI TOWN UNION ABUJA BRANCH
Mr. Charles Ugwu Mr. Boniface Ugwu