8.4 C
New York
Thursday, April 3, 2025

Police arrest 50-year-old man for alleged murder of second wife in Bauchi

Published:

LATEST NEWS

The Police Command in Bauchi has confirmed the arrest of a 50-year-old businessman for alleged culpable homicide following a fatal domestic dispute with his 24-year-old second wife.

The spokesman of command, CSP Ahmed Wakil, in a statement on Sunday said that the tragic incident occurred in Fadaman-Mada Area of Bauchi during a disagreement over food ingredients and fruits meant for breaking the Ramadan fast.

“Reports indicate that the argument escalated, leading to the husband allegedly striking his wife with a cane.

“She reportedly collapsed and lost consciousness within their home.

“Authorities rushed the victim to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Teaching Hospital, where medical personnel pronounced her dead.

READ ALSO  Family Petitions DSS, Police Over Disappearance Of Imo-based Cleric

“The Command has launched a full investigation and has taken the suspect into custody,” he said

Wakil added that the cane allegedly used in the assault had been recovered as evidence, while the deceased had been placed in the mortuary pending an autopsy.

According to him, Commissioner of Police (CP) Auwal Musa, reassured the public of the command’s dedication to justice, emphasising that domestic violence is a grave offense with serious consequences.

“The Police Command remains committed to ensuring the safety and security of all citizens while holding perpetrators of criminal acts accountable,” he stated.

Hey there! Exciting news - we've deactivated our website's comment provider to focus on more interactive channels! Join the conversation on our stories through Facebook, Twitter, and other social media pages, and let's chat, share, and connect in the best way possible!

Join our social media

For even more exclusive content!

TOP STORIES

Of The Week
CARTOON