Update: N185 Million Scam: How Okowa’s Kinsman Died

Late Hon Dumbiri Uweh

Facts have emerged on how the Delta State Governor Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa went spiritual to kill his brother, Hon Dumbiri Uweh, whom the governor is owing the whooping sum of N185 million.

After several years of legal tussle with the governor from the days when he was the Senator representing Delta North in the Hallowed Chamber of the National Assemble (NASS), traditional rulers from the Ika nation and well-meaning Nigerians especially from the political class, prevailed on the deceased to withdraw the case from the court for out of court settlement which the deceased did.

However, about 2015/2016 when the case was withdrawn from the court and peace talks were entered into with the promise that the state governor would fulfil his part of another gentleman agreement, the victim died in December 2016 without receiving his hard earned money.

A source who spoke with 247ureports.com on the dismissal of the deceased said, “Actually he was not really sick. On Saturday, he went to a party and on Sunday, he went to a wedding. He was not really sick as such that we will say it broke him down. On Monday, his leg started swollen a little bit, then he went to the hospital to check the leg. Then the doctor now discovered that the leg was not that really serious that we will bring him down, he gave him drugs and we came back”.

The source said the leg was getting worse, “some of his friends came and said maybe it is a snake bite. They took him to Alizomor, for the traditional medicine, those people are the best people in snake medicine, they applied the medicine”.

The source recall that the deceased drove the friends to and fro with his car to the Alizomor, even as the source noted that that evening the medicine was still applied on the leg, “as they came back, in the evening he was still taking the drug the doctor gave to him. Later in the evening he said the leg was still drawing him and it is affecting the heart. So, he took the drugs and slept off”.

It was gathered that trouble started in the midnight when the deceased condition got worst, “I saw people coming around the compound at about 5:00 am and 6:30 am. The friends said they kept poison for him to match and they said it is not a hospital sickness, they now took him to traditional healer”.

According to our source, hope raised when he got better after the traditional drugs were applied on him, “they were happy that he will soon recover but unfortunately, the next morning, his condition changed and he gave up about 8:30 am”.

On the N185 million, our source said the matter was not resolved, “There was so many plea, he now relaxed”, stressing that the death of Uweh was taken in good fate.

Another source said “Uweh was a good man who receives people at any time they come calling, he really worked for people and he is a peacemaker. It is just that he is a victim of circumstances. I don’t know where death came from. It is only God”, wondering why anybody would go the length of eliminating him.

The funeral rite of the deceased would begin 27th and 28th of January 2017 at his country home No. 8 Boji-Boji Owa, Ika North East local government council where interment and church service would be held in his honour.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here