Man 80, Loses Property Worth N30 Million To Fire In Aba

typical fire
typical fire

An 80 year old man, Mr. Kanu Ukwu has lost property worth over N30million to fire which consumed part of his building at No.128 Danfodio road, Aba, Abia State.

Narrating his ordeal to newsmen, Ukwu who is a native of Alayi, Bende LGA of the state lamented that there was no electric supply in the building when the inferno started.

“The fire actually lasted for two hours before it was put off. I got a call from one of my tenants, Peter by name that my house was on fire. By the time I got home, people had already gathered trying to quench the fire but the rage was too much and overpowered them until fire service personnel came to our rescue. But before they could come, the fire has done a lot of damage to my property.

“Not even a pin came out from the 5 rooms that were occupied by my family including other two rooms. I lost not less than N60, 000 cash I wanted to use to do some repair works on my house this dry season. The worst is that important documents like land and property rate, lease of my building from the ministry of lands were all gutted as they were inside one of the rooms. Do I need to talk about my wife’s and children’s cash including other important documents that I can’t mention? I lost everything I labored for in life to this fire. Where I we start from?” he said amid tears.

Ukwu appealed to the state government and public spirited individuals to come to the aid of his family as they lost everything they had to the inferno.

When contacted on the incident, Head of the Abia State Fire Service, Victor Gbaruko said the timely intervention of his men saved the whole building from being consumed in the fire. He warned people to be careful with how they handle inflammable utensil such as gas cylinder as it may have caused the fire.




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here