A carpenter was on Saturday, electrocuted to death in Aba, the commercial nerve centre of Abia state while working on the roof of a three storey building.
The incident which happened around 3pm at No.2 Eziama Street in Aba North local council saw the late carpenter lying dead in the pool of his blood after the electrocution tore open some parts of his body.
247ureports.com gathered that the man was electrocuted to death when the wind blew a sheet of zinc he was holding to a high tension wire in front of the three storey building.
When he was electrocuted, the effect of the incident was said to have thrown him off from the roof to where he landed awkwardly on top of woods, nails and other sharp objects scattered at the site.
Residents of the area who clustered in groups discussing the situation told our correspondent that the late carpenter and his colleagues have been working on the roof for some days now.
“It is unfortunate that the man had to die this way. They have been working on the roof since one week now. The roofing is nearing completion. They were trying to dress the rough areas. The late man was the one who was working on the edge of the roof. He was collecting a piece of the zinc from his colleague when the wind blew the zinc to the electric high tension wire in front of the building which led to him being electrocuted.”
Effort to speak with the son of the landlord proved as he claimed to be shocked on the incident.
When our correspondent was about leaving the area, a team of policemen were seen accompanying the ambulance conveying the corpse to the mortuary.