The Campaign for Democracy (CD), South-East Region has called for the immediate sack of Mr Oseloka Obaze, Anambra Secretary to the State Government (SSG) over the shady handling of the N500 million flood relief funds from the Federal Government.
It would be recalled that at the height of the flood that ravaged states in September and October 2012; the Federal Government ranked Anambra as part of the “Category A States’’ that was given N500 million each to meet-up the challenges posed by the unprecedented flood.
This was contained in a statement issued to newsmen by CD in Onitsha , Anambra on Monday.
The statement was signed by Dede Uzor A. Uzor, Chairman, CD South-East Region.
“Initially, the state government gave N40 million to be distributed among the various flood victims’ camps in the state.
“And later it also released another N30 million to the camps before it constituted the state flood committee headed by the SSG, Mr Oseloka Obaze.
“Since then, no tangible provision had been made to affect the lives of the flood victims in the state, who are now relocated back to their various ravaged and disease prone communities,’’ it said.
The statement said that it was on record that up to N100 million had been expended out of the N500 million received from the Federal Government; which excluded monies from corporate bodies, associations and individuals in and outside the state.
It said that the SSG as the chairman of the committee should make open how he managed all the monies received or be sacked.