We Are Not Part of Biafra Re-Declaration — MASSOB

Advertisement

As the Nov.5 date for the planned re-declaration of Biafra by the Biafra Zionist Movement draws near, the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has warned its members to stay out of the exercise which it alleged, is an attempt to bastardize Biafra.

In an interview with journalists, the MASSOB administrator for Aba region A, Mrs. Comfort Ogbuokiri who spoke through her Director of Information, Chidi Okoro; and the Director of Information, Aba region B, Sunny Okereafor said it amounted to taking the people for a ride for anybody to think of re-declaration of Biafra when in actual sense, Biafra had been declared twice.


Which Biafra do they want to declare? Is it the one declared by Ojukwu or that by Uwazuruike which was declared due to the exigencies of the time? They should stop causing confusion in Igbo and security operatives should checkmate their activities”, they said.

They argued that Biafra was first declared in 1967 by the late Ezeigbo Gburugburu, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu which led to the civil war that ended in 1970 with the ‘no victor, no vanquished slogan’.

They further recalled that due to what the Igbos had gone through in the Nigerian nation since after the civil war, Raph Uwazuruike on May 22, 2000, re-declared Biafra at Aba with her non violent stance, stressing that what the other group wants to do now, if allowed would make mockery of the state of Biafra and said MASSOB was out of it.

Recall that a group which called itself Biafra Zionist Movement, BZM and led by one Ben Onwuka said it had concluded arrangements for the re-declaration of Biafra on November 5, insisting that nothing would stop the campaign on that day.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here