Man Holds Another Man’s Wife Hostage At FMC Over Pregnancy…Says ‘I Paid Her To Be Pregnant For Me’

?????????????????????????????
A melodrama yesterday ensued at the Federal Medical Centre, Owerri, the Imo State capital when a man held a pregnant woman hostage for running away with his pregnancy.
The man identified as, Mr. Washington Ukonu is a native of Uratta in Owerri North Local Government Area of the state, was spotted by our 247ureports.com’s reporter at the entrance gate of the hospital with the woman identified as Mrs. Chinwendu Obichere, claiming to have impregnated her in the last five months but she ran away with the pregnancy.
In the ensuing melodrama which attracted the attention of on-lookers, Ukonu disclosed that the woman used to be his girlfriend before 2008 when he got married to another woman, but they re-united early this year where “I pleaded with her to bear me at least two children. She agreed after hearing the story of my wife’s inability to conceive”.
He also claimed that his wife gave her consent for the pregnancy agreement between him and Mrs. Obichere to take place, adding that that was the reason he openly dated the woman.
In his words, “I had an agreement with her that she should give me two children because my wife had conception challenges.  This was about five months ago. But she became pregnant and disappeared with it and without a trace. I thank God I ran into her now in this hospital.
“I’ve been calling her; she never answered my phone calls all through this last five months. But unfortunately for her, I’ve got her today”, Ukonu said, adding that he was ready to go for any medical test to prove his innocence.
But narrating her own story, the woman, married to Obichere family in Umuogide village, Oforola Community in Owerri West Local Government Area of the state, denied the claims saying she never entered into any agreement with Ukonu who she agreed is her ex-boyfriend.
She told the gathering crowd that her relationship with Ukonu ended in 2007 when he got married to another woman while she went back to school to complete her degree programme at Alvan Ikoku Federal College of Education, Owerri from where she also got married.
She said during her days in school, she bore two children before she got married to her present husband, Mr. Obichere with whom she had now born another two children.
The mother of four stated that seven years after they parted ways, fate brought them together again last five months.
She said Ukonu narrated his childless problems to her and pleaded that she help him bear at least two children, a plea, she said she refused to grant, maintaining that Ukonu was never responsible for her pregnancy.

173 total views, no views today

GAIM-Ad2-e1539703038857.jpg
About the Author

7 Comments on this article. Feel free to join this conversation.

1. Truth August 12, 2014 at 11:37 am -

I dont trust women,that man may be saying the truth.it has happened before in my area

2. Lambert August 11, 2014 at 12:59 pm -

The man should be punish by law 4 sleeping with another man’s wife and he has to pay 5m and the woman should dance naked at village square 4 her adulatory life I thank am from AKU no woman or man can try such

3. kon August 11, 2014 at 11:31 am -

my friend, it is some andd not all Nigerian women. We have women with intergrity in this nation. RESPPECT the womanhood.

4. Dr Promise August 11, 2014 at 9:37 am -

think the man claiming the paternity of the pregnancy of another man’s wife need to be educated or rather reminded of the ibo tradition that ‘ikoo adigh eku nwa’.(In concubine relationship,a man have no claim to a pregnancy/child).
    Even if its established either through DNA or other means including Traditional Oath Taking, that he indeed impregnanted that married woman,he has no claim to it. The pregnancy belongs to the woman’s husband as long as he has paid the dowry of the woman or rather his wife.
    However, if the dowry had not been paid by this time,the pregnancy and indeed the child when delivered belongs to the woman’s father and maiden family.

5. INNOCENT UGOCHUKWU August 11, 2014 at 7:04 am -

I THINK THERE IS WHAT THEY CALL”IKO” IN MBISE,MBANO AND OWERRI AREA,THAT TRADITION HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE SINCE AGES.BUT SUCH A TRADITION IS FROM THE PIT OF HELL.SOME MEN ALSO DO GO INTO SUCH AN AGREEMENT TO HELP THEIR FELLOW MAN HIS WIFE IN A FAMILY WAY IF THE MAN IS NOT ABLE TO DO THAT BY HIMSELF.NDIGBO HAVE SOME ABOMINABLE TRADITIONS,TUFIAKWA!

6. Stanley August 11, 2014 at 4:18 am -

Wonders shall never end.So we have become so senseless and irresponsible in Igbo culture and traditions that a man will go to the market square to fight for the pregnancy of another man’s wife that is still in her marriage.

7. Teddy Allanah August 10, 2014 at 11:57 pm -

This Man,

Is a fool

He could Have waited for eight and half months,before stagging his claims

Ninety percent of Nigeria women are into prostitution,infidelity amongst them is equally Ninety percent.

I Have a sixty eight years old married Man,that Have pregnanted over fourty married women.

He sees them with their young husbands and laugh

There are no big deal in this:DNA,blood test,will determin the patternity of the foetus;she may terminate the pregnancy.

Nigeria,is Sodom and Gomorah,Nigeria women gives any thing their pussy